Friday, August 19, 2011

Owls

With in the last few shopping trips I had made to different stores I have came across alot of things with owls on them. I'm really surprised but most of all so happy I Love Owls!!! I have had a thing for them for may years. The Horned Owl has been one of my favorites




There are so many amazing things about owls, the reason they move there heads all around is that they can't move there eyes (they can rotate their heads and necks as much as 270 degrees in either direct), they have the ability to fly almost silently and also more slowly in comparison to other birds of prey and the last cool thing about them is that they have an audible range similar to that of humans, but are far more acute to certain frequencies which allow it to detect even the slightest movements of its prey. Once the owl has determined the location of its prey, it flies towards it according to the last sound perceived. If the prey moves, the owl is able to adjust its flight pattern mid-flight

When I went into Bath and Body Works they had plugs in with owls, candle holder which I must have and a oil burner




The other day on my lunch break I was bored an there is a Pier One right around the corner from my work so I took a walk through and found more owls stuff. The had bowls, candle holders, salt and pepper shakers and coffee mugs 





I also got a pillow at Marshall's which I put on layaway with a few other things. I really think Owls are going to be the Hot thing this year.


No comments: